I had a habit of calling home when I am outside.
Even when back then in secondary school days.
I will stop by the phone booth. I would tell Mak I am coming home.. or asked her what was she cooking, what was she doing etc. At times, I would share snippets of what happened in school.. and would continue when I reached home.
I tend to tell Mak a lot of things.
Working days likewise, I'd call her and asked the same things and shared the same stuff. These times, I would ask her what she had for her meal.. "Dah inject belum?" - after she had to do the insulin injections etc.
During lunch breaks.. heading home.. Even after I got married.
Sometimes, if she was in the midst of doing her chores, she would tell me.. "Alah... tak payah lah nak teipon². Nanti balik boleh bilang. Dah² .. mak nak (continue whatever she was doing)."
After her passing, and when I started working again... there were moments, when heading back home, I would feel so loss... cos I can't call home anymore. I can't hear her answer the phone anymore. I can't tell her things anymore. I can't tell her how my days were anymore. can't tell her how upset I am that I want to quit my job. I can't tell her I saw my crush. I can't tell her how angry I was at this colleague of mine. I can't tell her I did great atnwork anymore.
Most importantly, I can't hear her telling me anymore "Dah..takpe.. Mak doakan .."
For a couple of months after that, I turned to my aunts instead. Both paternal and maternal aunts.
Just so that, I can speak to a mother.
"...Mana harus kuhamparkan?
Rindu tiada kesudahan
Sesal biar separuh nyawa
Takkan hilang..."
Sesal Separuh Nyawa was one of her favourites.. and she would always say, "Ni untuk Ayah lah..".
No comments:
Post a Comment