Monday, 14 April 2014

"Obliviate"

Shutting my tired eyes
To retire for the day
Then came along the lies
And held on just so you stay

The truth that never was shared
Insecurities holding me back
And all I ever cared
I was turning to an insomniac

Many times I would have known
That in no time you'd be gone

But I had my hopes up high this time
Too high I couldn't find a rhyme

If you took me as a lady
I wasn't that easy to read
If you said you weren't ready
Then why the hell did you lead

It was easy to say sorry
And leave behind the hurt
It was done, quite in a hurry
Your replies were just curt

As for now I am always reminded
For the little things you said
With that, I am left stranded
The thoughts still stuck in my head

As much as it still hurts now
I know, in time to come I'd be just fine
Just unsure what, where or how
To begin with, you were never mine

- And that is what, people, expectations can lead you to..
So lessons learnt for me....

1. It is better to play the game too. I got all too guarded and careful, thinking it'd work this time. But obviously, it backfired. And I am still being hard on myself. Ok, no.. I shouldn't. 

2. So they say, just be yourself. But only to a certain degree.. How confusing is that?

3. And this is the very reason why... I stopped trying the last time...
I am just tired of falling without being caught...
"Fall of a bridge, it hurts less."
To a certain extent... it is kinda true... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment